Radekal Billing Bridge Reference Guide
The Radekal Billing Bridge is designed to enhance a clinic’s billing function whether billing is handled in-house or by an off-site billing company. It allows simple communication of billing information through straightforward coding functionality.
- The Transfer Codes page allows the billing clerk to view and edit the billing codes for the patient’s visit before transferring them to the Practice Management System.
- The Logs page allows the user to view a log of transactions completed on this Billing program. Users cannot edit any of the information.
- The Messages section is an internal email system for the clinic.
When this link is clicked, the default page will display today’s date and all the patient records that have charges associated for their visit. The user can search by date range or patient name. At the top of the page, two buttons labelled All Records and Records from date range (mm-dd-yyyy).
Selecting the top button will bring up the result of a patient search regardless of the date. The lower button will bring up the result of all patients or for one patient (enter the name in the search box) for the date range selected. The records that are retrieved are only for charges that have not been transferred. The example below shows the patients for that day.
On the right is a status column. There are three states:
- Not reviewed; no one has acted on it.
- Modified; a user has claimed those charges and modified them.
- Accepted; the charges are ready to be transferred.
The highlighted patient name brings up the details of the visit displayed at the bottom of the page.
The Modify All Codes button located in the bottom left corner will open the Modify Codes page.
The provider’s note is viewed by clicking the View Note link.
If no changes are needed, or the changes have already been completed, the billing clerk can click the Accept or Reject buttons at the bottom right of the page
The patient’s demographic information will display when the name in the lower section of the page is clicked.
The Transfer All button is on the right below the patient list. The user clicks it
when they are ready to transfer the accepted charges. The patient visit will disappear from this list once the charges are transferred.
- Some of the charges will not be transferable until the order associated with the charge has been processed.
- Once one billing user has claimed the charges, no one else will be able to modify or transfer them.
- Shows all ICD10 and CPT/HCPCS codes generated during the patient visit.
- The billing clerk can:
- Verify that the correct ICD10 and CPT/HCPCS code are present and correct.
- Add an ICD10 or CPT/HCPCS code on this page by clicking Add New.
- Link an ICD10 code to a CPT/HCPCS code by clicking the blue ICD10 code link and selecting the proper code.
- A list of charges that have not been billed appears at the bottom of the page. It is a read only list and cannot be modified. The billing clerk can go back to the codes to correct an oversight and a charge.
Note: Codes that are manually entered on this page will not generate a description.
- Click the “pencil in hand” symbol on the line for a particular CPT/HCPCS code to show the modifier screen and then choose the appropriate modifier.
- At any time, you can view the patient’s demographics by hovering over the patient’s name.
The user can search for past visits to review the charges.
- Choose Logs from the Home page to show the Logs page.
- Here, the billing clerk can view the billing logs for all patient encounters during the time frame specified.
- No editing can be done on this screen.
- The clerk can also view the provider’s note that was generated during the patient visit and also send the provider a message.